Monday, December 6, 2010

A Little Scare

Dear Baby,

You gave us a bit of scare last night, little fella!  We thought maybe we were going to meet you already.  Last night, I went into false labor, and we had to go to the hospital.  While, we did find that I probably wasn't ready to deliver, we also discovered something that we weren't expecting: you are breech.  Ugh.

To be honest, baby boy, I'm a bit bummed about this.  I want to be able to deliver you vaginally, but if you don't turn around, we have to do a c-section.  I know that this won't be the end of the world if it happens, but personally, I would just rather avoid the surgery.

So, your daddy and I are praying about whether or not to go to the doctor and perform what they call an external version.  The doctor would physically try to move you from outside my womb.  There are a few minor risks involved, but we think it may be best, as they can preform a c-section right away if any abnormal complications arise.  We have an appointment scheduled for Monday, but we are still unsure if we will go through with it.

In the mean time, I am practicing some strange exercises at home in hopes that you will turn on your own.  The doctor said that often babies turn to vertex between 35 and 37 weeks... so I'm praying that you won't be stubborn, but instead you will flip like a good boy!

Don't be a stinker!  C'mon, little fella... Paddle! Swim!  You can do it!  Turn for mama!

Love,
Mama

35 wees

No comments:

Post a Comment